Scrap & Demolition Shears
Cat® Shear Highlights
- A bolt-on piercing tip provides piercing capability at low operating cost. The piercing tip is fully reversible, giving two uses per blade set.
- The unique straight lower jaw design effectively enhances the cutting force by facilitating the spreading out of steel along the length of the jaw, maximizing the shear cutting force.
- 360 degree rotation will allow for greater productivity because of the speed and ease with which the shear jaws can be placed in optimum cutting position.
- The four main, side and front knives are fully reversible with four effective cutting edges.
- Large access panels on the top, bottom, and sides of the shear housing make it easier to service inside components.
- Design of the shear housing provides full protection of the cylinder throughout the complete cutting cycle.
- Only Caterpillar offers an integrated machine-hydraulics-shear system supported by Caterpillar from front to end, throughout the life of the system.