Ending the Haul the Right Way
Carrying your load to the crusher or dump site isn’t the end of the job. You have to know how to dump properly to be efficient and prevent unnecessary wear and tear on your truck. Here are some points to keep in mind:
- Maintain eye contact with the spotter whenever possible.
- Visually check the dump edge for stability.
- Dump away from the safety berm if the edge is unstable.
- Maintain proper safety berm height.
- Lower the body before moving from the dump site.
Maintain a slight slope for water drainage.