Support of Military Engine Customers
Caterpillar has manufactured well over 2-million diesel engines since 1931. While first used in Cat® track-type tractors, Cat engines now provide prime power to remote installations worldwide, propulsion for military vessels as well as engine power for tactical and support vehicles. Cat engines, which can be adapted to Department of Defense specifications, have been built to meet or exceed today's toughest standards.
Our considerable expertise in product application, engineering, contractual workings and support resources is solely dedicated to directly serving this customer segment. We have worked throughout the entire U.S. government in developing new concepts as well as adapting existing products to meet specific mission requirements.
- Caterpillar has supplied diesel and natural gas fueled generator sets for
- emergency standby power
- temporary prime power
- remote utility continuous power
- peak shaving/load managment
- and military tactical support
- Diesel generator sets range from 5 ekW to more than 13,600 ekW.
- Natural gas generator sets range from 8 ekW to more than 3,500 ekW.
- Cat diesel engines provide ship propulsion and auxiliary power in rugged, remote duty.
- Marine propulsion engines range from 46 to 13,600 horsepower
- Marine generator sets range from 5 to 9,340 ekW.
Advanced fuel systems with Electric Unit Injectors (EUI) and innovative ACERT™ Technology are just two examples of innovation in today's Cat engines. We constantly strive to improve the horsepower/weight ratio, fuel efficiency and life to overhaul while reducing repair costs.
- On-highway diesel engines range from 170 to more than 600 horsepower
- Off-road diesel engines range from 130 to more than 750 horsepower.
- Power Pack Solutions are now available for Light, Medium and Heavy Military Vehicles from JLTV to HET.