Maximizing MTL Undercarriage Life
You can extend the life of your Cat® Multi Terrain Loader (MTL) Undercarriage, and in the process save some cost, by following these simple guidelines:
- Take a little time to understand the basics of how an MTL undercarriage works.
- Be aware of factors affecting undercarriage wear: application, material, terrain, operating technique and maintenance.
- Learn the operating techniques that minimize wear and give you the best results. Teach others as required.
- Keep tracks tensioned properly – not too loose and not too tight. Check your operator’s manual for specifics.
- Keep the undercarriage free of mud, gravel and other debris that can accelerate wear.
- Perform daily walkaround inspections and follow maintenance procedures.
- Avoid replacing undercarriage components before the end of their service lives.