The C280-12 generator set incorporates years of proven success of the 3600 engine with the latest technology in electronics. The result is a fully integrated solution that is ideal for offshore operations. Ideal applications for the C280-12 offshore generator set are main power on-board drilling and production vessels and platforms. These include jackup rigs, semi-submersible rigs, and production platforms. Complete package offerings are MCS type-approved and compliant with IMO Tier II emissions standards, making integration of the Cat C280-12 generator set into the vessel a simplified operation. The redundant ADEM A4 engine control system works together with the Cat Alarm and Protection to bring comprehensive generator set control, safety, and simple operator interface. Cat generator sets are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty. Cat C280-12 offshore generator set. Ratings: 3322-3900 ekW (4153-5571 kVA) @ 50/60 Hz (1000/900 rpm). IMO Tier II emissions compliant.
|Minimum Rating||4640.0 kVa 3460.0 ekW||More Less|
|Maximum Rating||5444.0 kVa 4060.0 ekW||More Less|
|Emissions||IMO Tier II/EPA Marine Tier 2 IMO Tier II/EPA Marine Tier 2||More Less|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged-Aftercooled Turbocharged-Aftercooled||More Less|
|Fuel System||EUI EUI||More Less|
|Engine Control||Dual ADEM™ A4 Dual ADEM™ A4||More Less|
|Generator Set Control||Cat® Alarm and Protection System Cat® Alarm and Protection System||More Less|
|Oil Change Interval||1000.0 hr 1000.0 hr||More Less|
|Weight||124561.0 lb 56500.0 kg||More Less|
|Stroke||11.8 in 300.0 mm||More Less|
|Bore||11.0 in 300.0 mm||More Less|
|Displacement||13546.0 in3 222.0 L||More Less|
• Cat C280 engines are type approved by the following marine classification societies: - American Bureau of Shipping - Bureau Veritas - China Classification Society - Det Norske Veritas - Germanisher Lloyd - Lloyd’s Register of Shipping • IMO Tier II emissions certification, GL and CCS approved • Cat alarm and protection system provides redundancy and the latest technology in generator set control, protection, and operator interface; type approved by the following marine classification societies: - American Bureau of Shipping - Bureau Veritas - China Classification Society - Det Norske Veritas - Germanisher Lloyd - Lloyd’s Register of Shipping - Russian Maritime Register of Shipping
• Single-point AC and DC connection points at distribution panel • Ready-to-run package, includes most ancillary equipment • Few shipped-loose parts simplify handling at installation • Single-lift handling • Caterpillar warranty covers all factory package components worldwide
For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your project needs with custom factory generator sets and mechanical packages. Cat engines, generators, controls, radiators, and transmissions can be custom designed and matched in collaboration with our local dealers to create unique solutions. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one year warranty after startup.
Large variety of factory-installed engine attachments increases application flexibility and reduces installation time. Testing • Every unit is full-load tested to ensure proper package performance • Full range of factory tests and reports are available including performance, torsional-vibration analysis, fuel consumption, engine, and generator special tests
• Every unit is full-load tested to ensure proper package performance • Full range of factory tests and reports are available including performance, torsional-vibration analysis, fuel consumption, engine, and generator special tests
- More than 2,200 dealer outlets - Cat factory-trained dealer technicians service every aspect of your Cat petroleum product - Worldwide parts availability, service, and warranty - Preventive maintenance agreements available for repairbefore- failure options - SOSSM program matches your oil and coolant samples against Caterpillar set standards to determine: Internal engine component condition Presence of unwanted fluids Presence of combustion by-products Site-specific oil change interval
• C280 engines incorporate over 20 years of proven component reliability and durability from 3600 engines • Large field population in offshore applications provides proven performance, reliability, durability, and established worldwide product support network
Visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com to learn more.