• Standard factory certifications improve worksite safety• - Class I Division 2 (NEC 500)• - Class I Zone 2 (NEC 505)• - ATEX Directive (94/9/EC) Group II• - 3G Environments (Zone 2) with Gas Group IIA• - Electrical IIC and Temperature Class T3• Electrical harness and connectors are certified as intrinsically safe for Zone 2 and for protection against flame propagation• Certified flameproof intake system to prevent any internal explosions from propagating to external atmosphere• Industry-standard ADEM A4 control system improves operator interface• Fully certified engine for easy integration to other certified components and systems• Additional NEC/ATEX components available for fail-safe auxiliary system monitoring• Customer harness, messenger display, hand throttle control and auxiliary temperature sensors• Certified optional components for skid integration• Class 1 Division 2 alternator, ATEX-approved alternator, gear-driven air compressor, fan belts, and exhaust gas cooler connection option• Certified automatic engine shutdown system
Making Your Investment Work Harder
• Factory-certified engines for hazardous location applications allow simplified rig certification for OEM• Optimized for demanding well service applications• Workover, pumping, cementing, blending, and acidizing• Maintains high power over broad range of operating speeds, improving performance• Steady torque rise provides superior load acceptance• Optimized ambient and altitude capabilities for operating flexibility• Engine certified to maintain T3 skin temperatures for up to 50°C ambient applications
Committed to Sustainable Development
Meets today’s emissions requirements for well service applications• IMO Tier II, Marine Tier 2, Marine Tier 3 capable
Driving Down Total Cost of Ownership
• World-class reliability and durability• Factory-certified engines reduce OEM’s overall certification costs• Improved serviceability versus the competition• Industry-leading component overhaul life• Rugged Caterpillar testing on all components improves uptime
Advanced Digital Engine Management
ADEM A4 control system providing integrated ignition, speed governing, protection, and controls, including detonationsensitive variable ignition timing. ADEM A4 has improved: user interface, display system, shutdown controls, and system diagnostics
For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your exact needs with a factory custom package. Cat® engines, generators, enclosures, controls, radiators, transmissions, aftertreatment solutions — anything your project requires — can be custom designed and matched to create a one-of-a kind solution. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one-year warranty after startup.
• Caterpillar has a full line of engine-transmission packages that can be fully integrated with your axle, hydraulics, and operator interface.• - C15 ACERT™ Cat optimized transmission matches: TH35-E81, CX31-P600, CX35-P800• Hazardous Location Certification of the Cat transmission is currently the responsibility of the OEM/packager.
Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
• More than 2,200 dealer outlets• Caterpillar factory-trained dealer technicians service every aspect of your petroleum engine• Caterpillar parts and labor warranty. Preventive maintenance agreements available for repairbefore-failure options
Over 80 Years of Engine Manufacturing Experience
Ownership of these manufacturing processes enables Caterpillar to produce high quality, dependable products.- Cast engine blocks, heads, cylinder liners, and flywheel housings- Machine critical components- Assemble complete engine
For all your petroleum power requirements, visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com.
C15 ACERT™ (Hazardous Location) Standard Equipment
Air Inlet System
Separate circuit aftercooler with ATEX approved shutoff, 90° turbo inlet connection, 304.8 mm (12") hose connection with flame arrestor
24V ATEX approved alternator — LH mounted*
Electronic governing, PTO speed control, programmable ratings, cold mode start strategy, automatic altitude compensation, power compensation for fuel temperature, programmable low and high idle and TEL, electronic diagnostics and fault logging, engine monitoring and protection system (speeds, temperature, pressure), J1939 broadcast (diagnostic, engine status and control)
Thermostat and housing — outlet vertical; jacket water pump — gear-driven, centrifugal; RH front water pump inlet; SCAC
Right rear turbo exhaust, water cooled turbine housing, carbon steel exhaust manifold — wet
Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
SAE 1 flywheel housing standard, see price list for flywheel options
Electronic unit injector; fuel priming pump — upward angled; engine-mounted secondary fuel filter, front-mounted fuel transfer pump — LH front; fuel sample valve — mounted on fuel filter base
Oil cooler; RH oil filter; rear sump 38 L oil pan; valve cover oil fill, optional front oil fill; oil gauges standard with LH and RH access; oil valve sampling on oil filter base; remote mount oil filter kit
Front support with mounting provision for LH or RH alternators
SAE B options for SCAC and REMAC: single cylinder ATEX air compressor; dual cylinder air compressor, SAE B drive adapter; SAE A drive for REMAC
Front Engine Accessory Drive
3 v-groove standard — optional 4 and 5 groove 203.2 mm (8.0 in) diameter crankshaft, 17.5 mm (11/16 in) v-belt; optional v-belt or 8-groove accessory drive for 240.39 mm (9.46 in) diameter pulley; ATEX 24V 35 amp alternator — LH and RH mounting poly v-belt; CSA 24V 65 amp alternator — LH and RH mounting poly v-belt; variable fan heights and ratios with 3 and 4 groove fan drives (see Price List)
Belt-driven, two-cylinder, single-stage, reciprocating with a rated displacement of 13.2 cfm at 1250 rpm compressor speed; includes two environmental drains and filtered atmospheric air connection
24V 35A EX d ATEX compliant alternator for Gas Group IIB, temperature class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 65A alternator, NEC 500 Class 1 Division 2 for Gas Groups C&D, temperature Class T3; heavy-duty, brushless. 24V 55Ah EX d e II T4 increased safety deep discharge battery pack with integral junction box and isolator switch.
Air, electric, or hydraulic shutdown system input options available
Throttle knob speed control – shipped loose if no control panel option selected; ATEX approved 24V operation; twist knob, locking design; 2-turns, low to high speed; CCW rotation to increase engine speed, push in or turn CW to return to low idle
Messenger display – shipped loose if no control panel option selected; electronic display unit for monitoring key engine operation data and diagnostic information on a full graphic LCD screen; four select buttons to scroll through the engine data and diagnostic screens and navigate through the display configuration menu to change display settings; connection to the engine control module is via the J1939 CAN data link
PCS2 control board – provides supervisory safety system function and overspeed shutdown control; includes shipped loose start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button for integration in customer control panel; switches and sensors for exhaust gas temperature, coolant temperature, oil pressure, and engine speed shutdowns; user configurable alarm and shutdown relay inputs
3GP flametrap elimination system – provides gas detection, supervisory safety system function, overspeed shutdown control; allows operation without exhaust flame traps to reduce maintenance; includes shipped-loose start button, run/stop switch, emergency stop button for integration with customer panel; provides up to 20 optional inputs and outputs for customer equipment; designed to give automatic shutdown in the event of engine overspeed, high exhaust temperature, high coolant temperature, low oil pressure, detection of hydrocarbon gas; additional I/O pressure and temperature input switches available on request.
Fuel cooler, installed, maintains acceptable fuel temperature when running from day tank