Cat® Dealer Service
Buy any piece of Cat® equipment and also get the full support and commitment of your local Cat Dealer.Contact your local dealer
The C280-8 generator set incorporates years of proven success of the 3600 engine with the latest technology in electronics. The result is a fully integrated solution that is ideal for offshore operations. Ideal applications for the C280-8 offshore generator set are main power on-board drilling and production vessels and platforms. Complete package offerings are MCS type-approved and compliant with IMO Tier II emissions standards, making integration of the Cat C280-12 generator set into the vessel a simplified operation. Cat generator sets are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty. Cat C280-8 offshore generator set. Ratings: 2208-2600 ekW (2760-3714 kVA) @ 50/60 Hz (1000/900 rpm). IMO Tier II emissions compliant.
|Minimum Rating||3084.0 kVa 2300.0 ekW||More Less|
|Maximum Rating||3634.0 kVa 2710.0 ekW||More Less|
|Emissions||IMO Tier II/EPA Marine Tier 2 IMO Tier II/EPA Marine Tier 2||More Less|
|Aspiration||Turbocharged-Aftercooled Turbocharged-Aftercooled||More Less|
|Fuel System||EUI EUI||More Less|
|Engine Control||Electronic ADEM™ A3 Electronic ADEM™ A3||More Less|
|Generator Set Control||Generator Monitoring System (GMS) Generator Monitoring System (GMS)||More Less|
|Oil Change Interval||1000.0 hr 1000.0 hr||More Less|
|Weight||108027.0 lb 49000.0 kg||More Less|
|Stroke||11.8 in 300.0 mm||More Less|
|Bore||11.0 in 280.0 mm||More Less|
|Displacement||9031.0 in3 148.0 L||More Less|
• Cat C280 engines incorporate more than 20 years of proven component reliability and durability from 3600 engines
- Offshore drilling package provides single lift handling - Caterpillar warranty for all packaged components - Includes most ancillaries, ready-to-run package - Easy to handle and install, few shipped-loose parts
For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your project needs with custom factory generator sets and mechanical packages. Cat engines, generators, controls, radiators, and transmissions can be custom designed and matched in collaboration with our local dealers to create unique solutions. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one-year warranty after startup.
Large variety of factory-installed engine attachments increases application flexibility and reduces installation time. Testing • Every unit is full-load tested to ensure proper package performance • Full range of factory tests and reports are available including performance, torsional-vibration analysis, fuel consumption, engine, and generator special tests
• Every unit is full-load tested to ensure proper package performance • Full range of factory tests and reports are available including performance, torsional-vibration analysis, fuel consumption, engine, and generator special tests
More than 2,200 dealer outlets Caterpillar factory-trained dealer technicians service every aspect of your Cat engine Caterpillar parts and labor warranty Preventive maintenance agreements available for repairbefore- failure options S•O•SSM program matches your oil and coolant samples against Caterpillar set standards to determine: - Internal engine component condition - Presence of unwanted fluids and combustion by-products - Site-specific oil change interval
• C280 engines incorporate over 20 years of proven component reliability and durability from 3600 engines • Large field population in offshore applications provides proven performance, reliability, durability, and established worldwide product support network
Visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com to learn more.
- Electronic Unit Injection (EUI) fuel system provides optimized combustion at any load - Lower specific fuel consumption at part load - Reduced transient smoke and emissions