For Release Worldwide: August, 2012
Release Number: 293PR12
Visitors to the Caterpillar MINExpo exhibit, booth 6229 in Central Hall, will have the opportunity to meet customer support professionals from Caterpillar and the Cat® dealer organization and to learn how the global support team helps mining organizations optimize safety, productivity and cost per ton.
The Caterpillar support network—the largest of its kind in the world—includes 191 dealers. They employ more than 141,000 sales, parts and service professionals and have a collective net worth of $18.9 billion. Working collaboratively with mining customers and the Caterpillar enterprise, Cat dealers focus on driving mine properties toward world-class performance standards. Representatives from several mining dealerships will be featured in a brief program at the Caterpillar exhibit. Many also will be on site talking with visitors about the resources and capabilities Caterpillar can bring to bear on their operations.
Key mining industry support services provided by Caterpillar and Cat dealers include the following.
- Safety resources. In addition to incorporating advanced safety features on Cat products—like wide stairways, powered ladders and integrated cameras—Caterpillar gathers and shares a variety of educational tools and information on safety.cat.com.
- More options at multiple price points. To accommodate a wide range of capital requirements, dealers offer new, used and rental Cat machines and power systems, as well as Cat Certified Rebuild equipment. A large selection of parts options including new, used, dealer-rebuilt and Cat Reman products is also available.
- Financing and insurance. Cat Mining Finance provides industry-specific financial services ranging from leasing and general financing to project and structured financing.
- Fast, efficient parts fulfillment. Committed to maximizing uptime, Caterpillar delivers replacement parts quickly and efficiently through a vast network of distribution centers spanning six continents. Many dealers further improve uptime by maintaining extensive on-site parts inventories at large mining properties.
- Highly skilled service technicians. Dealer technicians receive ongoing technical training and use the latest prognostic and diagnostic tools and processes to ensure repairs are completed efficiently and accurately at the lowest total cost.
- Proactive equipment management. Professionals from Caterpillar and the dealer organization use integrated data from on-board electronics, inspections, fluid analysis and other sources to develop equipment management plans that reduce the risk of unplanned failure, maximize uptime and extend component life.
- Training. Equipment operators and other mine employees can benefit from training services offered by Caterpillar. With options ranging from instructor-led sessions in the classroom or in the iron to immersive simulators and online learning, mine employees can learn new skills and techniques that enhance safety and productivity.
- Fleet and site productivity analysis. Caterpillar mining and earthmoving professionals are available to visit mine properties, assess production systems and recommend ways to improve efficiency, eliminate waste and reduce cost per ton.
Caterpillar also supports mining operations with a full suite of technology products. The Cat MineStar™ System can help manage everything from material tracking to sophisticated real-time fleet management, machine health systems, autonomous equipment systems and more.
To learn more about these and other customer support services, visit the Caterpillar exhibit at MINExpo or go to mining.cat.com.
# # #
Note to Editors: Caterpillar rolls-out products and services in each of its territories at different time intervals. Although every effort is made to ensure that product information is released only after Caterpillar has received confirmation from our dealer network, our plants, and our marketing subsidiaries that products and services are available in the relevant region, editors are kindly requested to verify with their local dealer for product availability and specifications.
Cat Trade Press Media Representatives
Sharon Holling: Holling_Sharon_L@cat.com
Christina Schave: Schave_Christina_M@cat.com
Europe, Africa, Middle East
Francine Shore: Shore_Francine_M@cat.com
General Email: Cat_Trade_Press@cat.com