Cat C9.3 ACERT engines are the ideal solution for your demanding operations in the oilfield. Decades of field operation and intense research and development allow Cat C9.3 ACERT engines to deliver excellent performance with low operating costs and emissions.This is an ideal engine for applications that require Tier 4 Interim or EU Stage IIIB emissions certifications. Equipment powered by C9.3 ACERT engines includes workover rigs, pump skids, acidizing units, cementing units, coil tubing units, and hydraulic power units.Cat engines are backed by the worldwide network of Cat dealers ready to support your operation with technical support, service, parts, and warranty.Cat® C9.3 ACERT™ Industrial Diesel Engine. Ratings: 224-261 bkW (300-350 bhp) @ 1800-2200 rpm meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim, EU Stage IIIB emission standards. This information about Emissions describes the particular rating's emissions technology. For more information about emissions certification, please contact your local Cat dealer.
- Designed to meet 2011 U.S. EPA Tier 4 Interim and EU Stage IIIB emissions requirements. - On-engine NOx reduction system with optimized piston, ring, liner and fuel system configuration to reduce NOx while minimizing in-cylinder sooting- Aftertreatment features Clean Emissions Module, including: diesel oxidation catalyst and diesel particulate filter- Future Tier 4 Final technology solution designed to fit into current standard aftertreatment envelope, elimating the need to redesign your installation
- Proven reliability and durability of engine and aftertreatment- Broad operating speed range.- High power density- PTO drive options provide flexible access to auxiliary power for pumps and other needs
Low Total Cost of Ownership
- Optimized fuel consumption- Minimum 5000-hour diesel particulate filter ash service interval and 250- to 500-hour oil change intervals enable low maintenance costs
Advanced Digital Engine Management
ADEM A4 control system providing integrated ignition, speed governing, protection, and controls, including detonationsensitive variable ignition timing. ADEM A4 has improved: user interface, display system, shutdown controls, and system diagnostics.
Engine available with factory packaged features including:- Aftertreatment - Radiator- Base - Transmission
For any petroleum application, trust Caterpillar to meet your exact needs with a factory custom package. Cat® engines, generators, enclosures, controls, radiators, transmissions, aftertreatment solutions — anything your project requires — can be custom designed and matched to create a one-of-a kind solution. Custom packages are globally supported and are covered by a one-year warranty after startup.
Fuel & Oil
Requires Ultra Low Sulfur Diesel (ULSD) containing a maximum of 15 ppm sulfur, and new oil formulations to support the new technology. Designed to accommodate B20 biofuel.
- Engine-Mounted Transmission Oil Cooler — integration with engine cooling system allows ease of installation and a tighter overall engine package- Engine Brakes — braking capabilities for mobile applications
- Caterpillar has a full line of engine-transmission packages that can be fully integrated with your axle, hydraulics, and operator interface. - C9 ACERT™ Cat optimized transmission matches: TH35-E61, CX31-P600
Product Support Offered Through Global Cat Dealer Network
- More than 2,200 dealer outlets- Cat factory-trained dealer technicians service every aspect of your petroleum engine- Cat parts and labor warrantyPreventive maintenance agreements available for repair before- failure options- S•O•SSM program matches your oil and coolant samples against Caterpillar set standards to determine:- Internal engine component condition- Presence of unwanted fluids- Presence of combustion by-products- Site-specific oil change interval
Over 80 Years of Engine Manufacturing Experience
Ownership of these manufacturing processes enables Caterpillar to produce high quality, dependable products.- Cast engine blocks, heads, cylinder liners, and flywheel housings- Machine critical components- Assemble complete engine
For all your petroleum power requirements, visit www.catoilandgasinfo.com.
C9.3 ACERT™ (Tier 4i/Stage IIIB) Standard Equipment
Air Inlet System
Turbocharged Air-to-Air Aftercooled
Electronic control system, over-foam wiring harness, automatic altitude compensation, power compensated for fuel temperature, configurable software features, engine monitoring system SAE J1939 broadcast and control, integrated Electronic Control Unit (ECU) remote fan control
Vertical outlet thermostat housing, centrifugal water pump, guidance on cooling system design available to ensure machine reliability
Clean Emissions Module (CEM) that includes Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), and Cat Regeneration System, optional exhaust outlet
Flywheels and Flywheel Housing
SAE No. 1 and SAE No. 2 flywheel housing
High pressure common rail, primary fuel filter, secondary fuel filters, fuel transfer pump, electronic fuel priming