Professional Operator Certification
This curriculum is intended to evaluate the operating and application efficiency (productivity) of individuals that have existing operating experience on a machine family as measured against our task competency standards. Students will be tested on their proficiencies during certification process. Scoring includes safety walk-around inspections, start-up and shutdown field operations, and overall performance.
* This is not intended for inexperienced operators. At least five years operating applicable heavy equipment is required. Those wanting to attempt certification must successfully complete Level II courses prior.
Level III Operator Certification consists of the following product families:
- Track-Type Tractors
- Wheel Loaders
- Hydraulic Excavators
- Wheel Tractor-Scrapers
- Backhoe Loaders
- Articulated Trucks, Off-Highway Trucks
- Motor Graders
- Waste Handling-Landfill Compactors
- Waste Handling-Wheel Loaders in Transfer Stations / Waste Handling-Track-Type Tractors
Successful completion of the course, each graduate will receive:
- Graduation verification number assigned and entered in to the Caterpillar data registry
- Cat belt buckle bearing the graduate's name and number
- Attendees who do NOT meet the expected standards will receive a Certificate of Attendance.
|Program Duration||2 days to include testing and in-the-iron|
|Program Cost||At a Caterpillar facility: $1700 US per student per machine family. Includes instructor/machines/lunch/classroom materials. Does NOT include transportation and hotel accommodations.|
|At a Customer job site: $1700 US per student, per machine family. Also must include one instructor travel day at $1200 US plus expenses billed at cost.|
|Cancellation Fee||Up to fifteen calendar days prior to start of certification, cancellation fee is 25% of total program cost. Within fifteen days, cancellation fee is 50% of total program cost.|
|Contact||Call 1-800-962-6628 or e-mail Equipment Training Solutions for additional information|
|All enrollments must be received not less than 30 days prior to start of class.|
|No shows upon start of class will be billed at 100%.|