Coverage without interruption.
Spend less time managing your equipment and more time running your business with options to protect you against unexpected repair costs. Whether you have prime or standby applications or other Cat® electric power products, such as ATS or Switchgear, we have programs to help protect your investment and budget for unplanned/unscheduled repairs. Depending on your needs and the application, choose between a variety of coverage options.
You count on Cat electric power for reliability and long service life, and we offer the coverage to meet and exceed your expectations. Extended Service Coverage (ESC) for new, used and overhauled equipment protects your investment and your peace of mind. Choosing coverage is as simple as following these four steps:
1. Choose From a Variety of Coverage Options
Pick the extended protection option that fits your situation.
- NEW ESC: Coverage for electric power prime and rental generator sets is available in 24- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments, if purchased before the end of your original factory warranty.
- ADVANTAGE ESC: Coverage is available after the end of the original factory warranty period and before the first overhaul. Your power system is eligible once it passes a qualifying inspection performed by an authorized Cat dealer in accordance with the Advantage Certification Inspection Worksheet.
- OVERHAUL ESC: Coverage is available in 12- to 60-month terms, in 12-month increments. Your prime or rental generator set is eligible once a qualifying overhaul has been completed by an authorized Cat dealer in accordance with the Overhaul ESC Checklist.
2. Identify Your Coverage Needs
Identify the age and current operating hours of your engine or generator set since delivery or overhaul.
Then calculate your annual hours of use and choose the ESC coverage that best fits your needs.
3. Choose Your Coverage Level
Choose from our Platinum and Platinum Plus coverage levels to get the protection you need.
Platinum Plus coverage covers all components covered by Platinum coverage plus controls, displays, and additional Cat components, having a Cat part number, installed by an authorized dealer, and approved using the Platinum Plus Additional Coverage Component List and Approval Verification form.
4. Purchase and Register Your ESC
Finally, work with your local Cat dealer to complete the process—and get the protection and peace of mind you deserve.