- VisionLink® provides actionable data insights for all assets - regardless of fleet size or equipment manufacturer.*Review equipment data from your desktop or mobile device to maximize uptime and optimize assets. Dashboards provide information such as hours, miles, location, idle time, and fuel utilization. Make informed decisions that lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security on your jobsite.
- VisionLink® Productivity gathers and summarizes machine telematics and jobsite data from all your equipment regardless of the manufacture.* View actionable information such as idle time, fuel burn, location, payload, load counts, total cycles, and more to improve machine efficiency, productivity, and utilization. Access data anywhere via a mobile, tablet, or desktop device - on or off the jobsite.
- Remote Flash is a mobile application that allows you to update onboard software without a technician being present, allowing you to initiate software updates when convenient, increasing your overall operating efficiency.
*Data field availability can vary by equipment manufacturer.
- The Cat® C3.6 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- The 315 GC emits up to 15% less CO2 than the previous 315F GC*.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels*** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels.Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations" (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Engine Speed Control reduces unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other "unseen" issues that can shorten component life. In many cases, you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Cat VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
- Cat® Reman parts are a sustainable choice. New Cat parts are designed with the potential to have more than one life, so Cat Reman parts are truly remanufactured not just repaired, rebuilt or reconditioned. Because the process ensures the latest design changes are incorporated into Cat Reman parts, you get like new quality and outstanding performance at lower cost.
*All comparisons to 315F GC. Productivity, fuel and CO2 emissions vary by application. CO2 emissions calculations based on a reference work cycle using 2.2 U.S. gallons per hour of #2 U.S. diesel fuel based. Applies IPCC2006 methodology using U.S. EPA Emissions Hub emission factors. Includes DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) related CO2. Fuel measurements are at 15ºC. Estimated average fuel consumption improvements are based on tests or Product Link® data where available. Productivity improvements are based on test data.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer).
*** Tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions from lower-carbon intensity fuels are essentially the same as traditional fuels.