Less Fuel using lower engine speed and larger hydraulic pump
Less to Maintain with fewer filters and extended maintenance intervals
More Efficient with factory-equipped Cat Grade, Assist and Payload technologies
• Use up to 25% less fuel than the 320F excavator. • Increase operator efficiency by up to 45% with a suite of Cat Connect technologies that lower operator fatigue and your operating costs, including fuel consumption and daily maintenance. • Match the excavator to the job using power modes including new Smart mode that automatically matches engine and hydraulic power to your digging conditions. • The advanced hydraulic system provides the optimum balance of power and efficiency while giving you the control you need for your precise digging requirements. • The electronically controlled, twin-turbocharged engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage IV emission standards using a transparent aftertreatment system that requires no operator input or downtime. • Auxiliary hydraulic options give you the versatility to use a wide range of Cat attachments. • Don't let the temperature stop you from working. The excavator has a standard high ambient temperature capability of 52º C (125º F) and cold start capability of -18º C (0º F). An optional -32º C (-25º F) cold start package is available.
• Boost productivity up to 45% versus traditional grading with the standard Cat GRADE with 2D system — includes indicate-only and laser capability. • Dig with real-time guidance on depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade. • The 2D system is upgradable to Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D or Cat GRADE with 3D. Standard Grade Assist: • Automatically stop excavator swing at operator-defined set points in truck loading and trenching applications with Swing Assist, which will help you use less effort and consume less fuel. • Keep your tracks on the ground in lifting and hard digging with Boom Assist. • Set your desired bucket angle and let Bucket Assist automatically maintain the angle in sloping, leveling, fine grading, and trenching applications for easy, accurate, and fast jobs. Stay on grade — simply and effortlessly — with single-lever digging. Standard Cat PAYLOAD on-board weighing system: • Achieve precise load targets and increase loading efficiency with on-the-go weighing and real-time estimates of your payload without swinging. • Track your daily productivity such as truck target weights and load/cycle counts. • Calibration can be performed in a matter of minutes. • Combine Payload with VisionLink® and remotely manage your production targets. Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D: • Create and edit grade designs with ease on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor. Upgrade to optional Cat GRADE with 3D: • Create and edit designs with ease and see the front linkage's full range of motion on a second high-resolution 10 in (254 mm) touchscreen monitor. • Know the excavator's exact position relative to GPS and GLONASS systems. • The machine automatically compensates for excavator pitch and roll caused by sloping ground conditions. Standard Product Link™ provides location, machine hours, fuel usage, productivity, idle time, diagnostic codes, and other machine data on demand through VisionLink® online interface, helping you improve jobsite efficiency with lower operating costs.
• Cab options let you choose the level of comfort you need. • Enjoy wide spacing between consoles for a more spacious comfortable environment. • Sit in new, wide seats that adjust for operators of all sizes (heated and heated/cooled options are available). • Get in and out of the cab easier using the tip-up left console (in Deluxe and Premium cabs only). • Control the excavator comfortably with easy-to-reach controls located in front of you. Standard automatic climate control keeps you at the right temperature throughout your shift. • Improved viscous mounts reduce cab vibration by up to 50% over our previous excavator models. • Stow your gear with plenty of in-cab storage behind the seat, overhead, and in the consoles. A cup holder, document holder, bottle holder, and coat hook are included. • The standard radio has USB ports and Bluetooth® technology enabled to connect your device and make hands-free calls.
• Protect hydraulic components in cold weather. The auto warm-up feature speeds hydraulic oil warming in cooler temperatures. • The fuel system is protected from contamination of fuel by three levels of filtration. • Bottom guarding protects engine and hydraulic components from damage while swinging and traveling. • The hydraulic tank with a new oval shape designed to improve stress resistance. • The strong X-structure lower frame carries loads from the excavator's upper structure to the track. • Travel motor hydraulic lines are routed inside of the frame to protect them from damage. • The sloped track frame design prevents mud and debris from accumulating and damaging tracks. • The grease lubricated tracks have grease sealed between the pin and bushing to prevent debris from entering and reducing life. • The track rollers are rebuild-able and sealed to prevent dirt and debris causing wear of internal components. • A bolt-on track guiding guard helps maintain track alignment while traveling or working on slopes.
• You can navigate quickly on the standard, high-resolution 8 in (203 mm) touchscreen monitor or with the optional 10 in (254 m) touchscreen monitor or with the aid of the jog dial control. • A second 10 in (254 mm) monitor is available for the advanced grade control. • Easy keyless push-to-start engine using your Bluetooth™ key fob, or your smartphone to enable the pushbutton start feature. • Match the excavator's operation to your digging style by adjusting the joystick response and programming the function of each joystick button. • Not sure how a function works or how to maintain the excavator? Always have the operator's manual at your fingertips in the touchscreen monitor. • Easily use the monitor to change the joystick pattern from the cab. You can choose two-way or four-way patterns options. Store your pattern preference and let the machine automatically set the pattern when you log in with your unique Operator ID.
• Extended maintenance intervals reduce maintenance costs by 20% over the Cat 320F excavator. (20% savings calculated over 12000 machine hours.) • Reversing electric cooling fans make it easy to clean radiator, oil coolers, and condensers. • An all-new engine air cleaner with integrated pre-cleaner has twice the life of radial seal air cleaners. • The new hydraulic oil filter provides improved filtration performance, anti-drain valves to keep oil clean when the filter is replaced, and longer life with a 3000 hour replacement interval – 50% longer than previous filter designs. • Track your excavator's filter life and maintenance intervals can via the in-cab monitor. • Check engine oil level quickly and safely with the new engine oil dip stick located on ground level. • S·O·S℠ ports with extended sampling intervals are on ground level, simplifying maintenance and allows for quick easy extraction of samples for fluid analysis.
• Work safely under structures or near traffic with the standard 2D E-fence feature integrated right out of the factory, which prevents any part of the excavator from moving outside operator-defined set points, avoiding hazards and jobsite accidents. • Access 100% of daily maintenance points from ground level – no need for you to climb on top of excavator. • The standard ROPS cab meets ISO 12117-2 2008 requirements. • Enjoy great visibility into the trench, in each swing direction, and behind you with the help of smaller cab pillars, larger windows, and a flat engine hood design. • The standard hydraulic lockout lever isolates all hydraulic and travel functions in the lowered position. • Ground level shut-off switch stops all fuel to the engine when activated and shuts down the machine. • A rearview camera is standard and upgradable to an optional 360° visibility camera for visibility all around the excavator, allowing the operator to easily visualize objects and personnel around the excavator in a single view. • New right-hand service platform design provides easy, safe, and quick access to upper service platform; the service platform steps use anti-skid punch plate to prevent slipping. The handrails comply with ISO 2867 requirements.
|Engine Model||Cat C4.4|
|Net Flywheel Power||121 kW|
|Gross Power - ISO 14396/SAE J1995||122 kW|
|Net Power - SAE J1349/ISO 9249||121 kW|
|Engine RPM - Operation||1650 r/min|
|Engine RPM - Travel||1800 r/min|
|Main System - Maximum Flow - Implement||429 l/min|
|Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Normal||35000 kPa|
|Maximum Pressure - Equipment - Heavy Lift Mode||38000 kPa|
|Maximum Pressure - Travel||34300 kPa|
|Maximum Pressure - Swing||26800 kPa|
|Operating Weight||22500 kg|
|Operating Weight - North America||22500 kg|
|Note (1)||Reach boom, R2.9 (9'6") stick, HD 1.19 m3 (1.56 yd3) bucket and 790 mm (31 in) triple grouser shoes, 4.2 mt (9,300 lb) counterweight|
|Operating Weight - Europe/Australia & New Zealand||21900 kg|
|Note (2)||Reach boom, R2.9 (9'6") stick, HD 1.19 m3 (1.56 yd3) bucket and 600 mm (24 in) triple grouser shoes, 4.2 mt (9,300 lb) counterweight|
|Fuel Tank Capacity||345 l|
|Cooling System||25 l|
|Engine Oil||15 l|
|Swing Drive - Each||5 l|
|Final Drive - Each||5 l|
|Hydraulic System - Including Tank||234 l|
|Hydraulic Tank||115 l|
|DEF Tank||39 l|
|Boom||Reach 5.7 m (18'8")|
|Stick||Reach 2.9 m (9'6")|
|Bucket||1.19 m3 (1.56 yd3)|
|Shipping Height - Top of Cab||2960 mm|
|Handrail Height||2950 mm|
|Shipping Length||9530 mm|
|Tail Swing Radius||2830 mm|
|Track Length to Center of Rollers||3650 mm|
|Ground Clearance||470 mm|
|Track Gauge||2380 mm|
|Transport Width - 600 mm (24”) Shoes||2980 mm|
|Transport Width - 790 mm (31 in) Shoes||3170 mm|
|Counterweight Clearance||1048 mm|
|Boom||Reach 5.7 m (18'8")|
|Stick||Reach 2.9 m (9'6")|
|Bucket||1.19 m3 (1.56 yd3)|
|Maximum Digging Depth||6720 mm|
|Maximum Reach at Ground Level||9860 mm|
|Maximum Cutting Height||9370 mm|
|Maximum Loading Height||6490 mm|
|Minimum Loading Height||2170 mm|
|Maximum Depth Cut for 2440 mm (8 ft) Level Bottom||6550 mm|
|Maximum Vertical Wall Digging Depth||5190 mm|
|Bucket Digging Force - ISO||150 kN|
|Stick Digging Force - ISO||106 kN|
|Bucket Digging Force - SAE||134 kN|
|Stick Digging Force - SAE||103 kN|
|ROPS, sound suppression|
|Mechanically adjustable seat|
|High-resolution 203 mm (8 in) LCD touchscreen monitor|
|Cat Product Link|
|Cat GRADE with 2D|
|Cat GRADE with Assist|
|Three selectable power modes|
|Auto engine idle shutdown|
|46°C (115°F) ambient cooling capacity|
|-32°C (-25°F) cold start capability|
|Reversing electric cooling fans|
|Biodiesel capability up to B20|
|Boom and stick regeneration circuits|
|Auto hydraulic warm up|
|Auto two-speed travel|
|Boom and stick drift reduction valve|
|5.7 m (18'8") reach boom, 2.9 m (9'6") stick|
|Tie-down points on base frame|
|Two 1,000 CCA maintenance-free batteries|
|Programmable time-delay LED working lights|
|LED chassis light, left-hand/right-hand boom lights, cab lights|
|Sampling ports for Scheduled Oil Sampling (S·O·S)|
|Ground-level and platform-level engine oil dipsticks|
|Right-hand-side camera (Europe only)|
|Ground-level engine shutoff switch|
|Right-hand handrail and hand hold|
|Air-adjustable seat with heat (Deluxe only)|
|High-resolution 254 mm (10 in) LCD touchscreen monitor|
|Cat GRADE with Advanced 2D (not available on SLR)|
|Cat GRADE with 3D (not available on SLR)|
|52°C (125°F) high-ambient cooling capacity|
|Boom and stick lowering check valves|
|Hammer return filter circuit|
|Combined flow/high-pressure auxiliary circuit|
|Quick coupler circuit for Cat Pin Grabber|
|8.85 m (29'0") SLR boom, 6.28 m (20'7") SLR stick|
|600 mm (24") triple grouser shoes|
|700 mm (28") triple grouser shoes|
|790 mm (31") triple grouser shoes|
|900 mm (35") triple grouser shoes|
|4200 kg (9,300 lb) counterweight for HD boom and stick|
|4700 kg (10,400 lb) counterweight for SLR boom and stick|
Explore the 320 in all its glory through the best 3D and 360° experience in the industry. View key features and benefits and picture yourself in the machine at the jobsite before ever walking into a dealership.
The Grade with 2D system displays real-time bucket location relative to grade on the highresolution touchscreen color monitor with indicate-only and laser capability. Select your desired target depth and target slope and the system will give you real-time guidance on depth, slope, and horizontal distance to grade, with height and depth alerts that indicate target grade or obstacles.
Create, manage, and grade simple to complex designs. Cat® Grade with 3D integrates traditional machine control and guidance with machine hardware and software from the factory in order to improve productivity, usability, reliability, job site safety and machine value. It is another example of Caterpillar innovation and technology leading the way for our customers to be more successful. Grade with 3D is available from the factory or can be quickly added as an upgrade to the standard Grade with 2D.
Create, manage, and grade simple to completxdesigns. Upgrade Grade with 2D to Grade with Advanced 2D and you will have the ability to create and work to basic site designs. Grade with advanced 2D is available from the factory or can be quickly added as an upgrade to Grade with 2D.
Grade with Assist adds semi-autonomous digging to the standard Grade with 2D and works with the optional Grade with Advanced 2D and Grade with 3D upgrades to boost your operator efficiency to up to 45%. Grade Assist is an operator aid that automates boom and bucket movements for more accurate cuts with both standard and rotating attachments. Simply set the depth and slope into the monitor and activate single-lever digging. Get more done with less effort through the automated adjustments of the system for simple speed control.
Payload provides on-the-go load weighing to hit precise load targets every time—reduce load times, optimize loading efficiency, and increase job site productivity. Automated tracking helps site managers monitor and manage production, helping you improve efficiency and lower costs. Payload helps you know exactly how to optimize your truck fleet size for reduced operator, fuel, and maintenance costs.
The 2D E-fence feature works with these products to automatically stope excavator motion using boundaries you set in the monitor: Grade with 2D system Grade Assist Grade with Advanced 2D Grade with 3D system Reduce downtime, job sitecosts, and potential fines while keeping you and your excavator safe.
Cat® Product Link™ is a comprehensive remote monitoring and asset management solution, with remarkably intuitive web interfaces that transform data from a customer's entire fleet of equipment into the essential information required to boost productivity, reduce costs and manage risks. Customers easily know where their equipment is, what its doing and how it's performing through the VisionLink® application for construction and the Product Link Web application for the energy and transportation industries.
Wherever you want to go from here, the 320 is ready. You can get in touch with us in a variety of ways. Check out our inventory of new, rental and used equipment. Connect with your local dealer, ask our experts for advice or read what's happening in the customer forums.