The Cat PGS module is a robust, mobile energy storage platform. The module consists of a pre-engineered container that is easily installed on site. Multiple modules may operate in parallel with other power sources to provide increased power output and/or increase the energy capacity.
The modules are designed to work with an array of renewable systems, including solar and wind. Seamless integration with the Cat Microgrid Master Controller (MMC) allows for maximum renewable penetration and full asset control.
The Cat PGS protects against many typical power problems, including power failure, voltage sags/surges, and under/over frequency conditions.
The Cat BDP inverters are the core to the energy storage system. Based on technology developed for Cat electric drive machines, the Cat BDP provides exceptional reliability, durability, and features that include:
- Intelligent controls for the charging and discharging of the energy storage equipment.
- 2 per unit fault current capability
- Static VAR compensator
- Four-quadrant output power factory control
- Patented Non-Linear droop control for ultra fast response
- Seamless mode transfer
- Automatic anti-islanding
- Grid forming
- Grid following
- Autonomous mode or Remote-Control mode
- Parallel ready - multiple modules may be used in parallel to increase total output to 100+MW