The Latest Skid Steer Loader Features Help to Improve Farm Safety during Everyday Operations
Creating a consistently safe environment on the farm or ranch is vital for a successful operation. Fortunately, Cat® Skid Steer Loaders are equipped with features designed specifically to help improve safety during everyday operations.
- The operator presence system requires the operator to be in the machine with the arm bars lowered before the engine will start. Once the engine is started, the parking brake will remain set and the hydraulic system locked out until the operator depresses a switch to activate the machine.
- Fully sealed and pressurized cabs equipped with an air filtration system help minimize inhalation of contaminants and dust that mix in with the air during everyday operations. These cabs are also quieter, which allows operators to focus on the tasks at hand and reduces their fatigue at the end of a long day.
- Spring-applied hydraulic release parking brakes engage and lock the hydraulics out automatically when the arm bars are raised or when the engine is not running.
- In the event of an unexpected engine shut down, Cat Skid Steer Loaders offer two methods of lowering the lift arms so the operator can safely exit the machine.
- Hydraulic accumulators allow the operator to lower the loader arms if electrical power is available and the accumulator is charged.
- If the accumulator is not charged or if there is no electrical power, a dead engine lower lever allows the operator to manually lower the arms.