EASY-TO-USE CONTROL PANEL IMPROVES ENGINE AND GENERATOR MONITORING
If you’re still using EIP for engine monitoring, you’re due for an upgrade. The Cat® EMCP 4.4 control panel — the latest release of digital controls technology that has been fully validated in the electric power industry — is now available for land drilling engines. Here are five reasons to make the switch:
- Protect your engines AND generators. While EIP provides some basic engine monitoring, EMCP 4.4 monitors the complete generator set. With better monitoring and protection, your dollar goes further.
- Get feedback in plain English. EIP just provides a fault code and leaves it up to you to figure out what that means. EMCP 4.4 provides full-text fault codes (in 16 languages, not just English) to speed up troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- It’s user-friendly. Using EMCP 4.4’s intuitive menus and simple interface, operators can access engine controls, diagnostics and operating information right from the control panel keypad. The most common functions appear at the top of the menus and are easy to access with just a couple presses of a button. The large, backlit graphical display is visible in all lighting conditions.
- It’s data-friendly. EMCP 4.4 comes standard with Cat Product Link Network Manager, the telematics hardware that connects to your engine. That makes it easy to access all your data, whether you view it via VisionLink® or another data management system.
- Be ready to upgrade. When it’s time to move up to the Smart Engine Management System (EMS), you’ll need to have EMCP 4.4 in place. This control panel is the brains on which Smart EMS — which automatically starts and stops engines to efficiently manage the power available on a rig — runs.
Whether you’re overhauling an engine, upgrading a rig or building a new rig with existing engines, now is a great time to upgrade to EMCP 4.4. Talk to your Cat dealer to start the process.