- The Cat® 7.1 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels** up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)* or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto Engine Speed Control reduces unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- Extended maintenance intervals reduce downtime and decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the machine's life.
- Cat® VisionLink displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running at maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat® dealer, and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat® dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
*Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer).
**Tailpipe greenhouse gas emissions from lower-carbon intensity fuels are essentially the same as traditional fuels.