GET THE RIGHT BODY FOR THE JOB
When it comes to truck bodies, one size does not fit all. And when it comes to your Cat truck, Cat bodies are the best choice. We follow a dynamic approach to engineering — treating the body as part of a system rather than a static structure.
Cat bodies are designed to be an integral part of the entire vehicle system, ensuring you achieve maximum chassis life. They're sized to meet payload requirements without compromise to vehicle balance, braking or control. From the design to the materials, manufacturing to shipping, the entire process meets Cat standards of quality and control. The Caterpillar exclusive 10/10/20 payload guidelines help achieve a balance of excellent payload with safe operation.
1) Dual-Slope Body
The dual-slope body design with V-shaped floor provides excellent load retention, maintains a low center of gravity, reduces shock loading, and maintains optimum load distribution on steep inclines and in challenging haul road conditions.
- Reinforced, rolled steel top rail increases body strength and protects the body from damage caused by the loading tool or falling material
- 8 degree "V" reduces shock loading and centers the load.
- 7.5 degree forward body slope and 16 degree ducktail slope helps retain loads on steep grades.
2) Flat Floor Body
The flat floor design with slight incline delivers excellent payload capacity, high dump clearances and smooth, controlled dumping.
- Flat floor design provides consistent wear characteristics on body tail.
- 12 degree forward body slope provides good load retention on better maintained haul roads.
- 400 Brinell steel on surfaces provides excellent wear.
3) Mine Specific Design (MSD II) Body
The lightweight MSD II body is based on the flat floor design and is customized to maximize payload potential and minimize cost-per-ton. Each MSD II body design begins with a detailed mine site profile to develop a body suitable for a mine's individual needs.
4) High Performance Body
When you equip your truck with a Cat High Performance (HP) body, you’ll experience the benefits of a higher payload thanks to a weight reduction of 2.0-5.0 tonnes (2.2-5.5 tons) or more. The HP body features a lightweight, simplified and durable design that provides complete front machine coverage and extended overhead protection.
A variety of liner options are available to save weight and extend the body system's life. Wear surfaces and liners are equipped to handle tough impact loads while resisting abrasion. Wear plates deliver long life in high wear areas. Modular liner plate packages:
- Smooth plate
- Rock box
- Zipper grid
- Mechanically Attached Wear Plate System (MAWPS)
Custom Body Options
Tail extensions, sideboards, tumblebars, rock boxes and rock shedders are available to maintain rated payload, reduce spillage, and improve hauling efficiencies.
- Sideboards are designed to maximize or attain gross machine weight.
- Tail extensions are used to help retain the rear portion of the pile and limit load spillage on haul roads, extending tire life.