ENHANCE SAFETY & PRODUCTIVITY AT YOUR QUARRY, MINE, OR JOB SITE
At mining and quarry sites, haul road dust can take a high toll on both safety and productivity. Accidents can happen, operations can grind to a halt. But it doesn’t have to be that way. Let’s lean into the dust together, with the confidence to power through it.
- Lower dust levels, increase visibility, maintain haul road safety
- Know where and when to water
- With automated water delivery, the operator can remain focused on traffic and driving
- When the water tank is full, the auto shutoff feature prevents overfilling and results in increased component life
- Monitor tank fill from inside the cab
- The water delivery system features automatic start and stop, based on truck speed, which eliminates overwatering at road intersections to improve safety for all vehicles on site
DESIGNED WITH SAFETY IN MIND
The 777G is designed to minimize slips and falls, providing firm footing and stability.
- Ground level daily check points
- Low-effort, integrated access system with hand rails for three-points of contact
- Aggressive tread plate on all step areas with lighted access for after dark
- Integrated windshield washing platform
CONFIDENCE AND CONTROL
Confident operators will move material quickly, efficiently, and profitably.
- Wet Disc Braking is standard on all four corners of the truck
- Four corner park brake for slope holding capability and brake wear indicator
- Automatic Retarding Control (ARC) for downhill grades
- New Traction Control System (TCS)
The comfort of your crew will dictate their productivity and awareness on the job.
- Easy, low-effort access to the cab
- Ergonomic, intuitive controls
- Left side power window
- Automatic temperature control inside the cab
- Throttle lock convenience for long, uphill climbs
- The cab is spacious with window area that supports visibility
- An integrated footrest provides comfort and support
- Sound suppression has decreased noise by 50%
- The cab is isolation mounted reducing noise and vibration
- Lighting packages illuminate both to the side and front of the vehicle
- Automotive quality shifting from new transmission controls
- Factory-installed, integrated and durable ergonomic cab controls are user-friendly and easy to learn.
MEET YOUR PRODUCTION TARGETS
Properly watered haul roads directly impact fleet cycle times, enabling you to meet production targets.
- Spend less time maintaining haul roads using proper watering techniques to solve overwatering and underwatering
- Prevent damage to trucks and reduce unplanned downtime with properly watered haul roads
- Pump features soft startup and shuts off automatically when the tank is empty, eliminating damage and preventing the pump from running dry
The 777G is faster and more efficient with increases in torque, new transmission controls, and higher travel speeds.
- A 7% increase in torque puts more power to the ground
- New transmission controls carry more torque through the shifts – most noticeably on grades
CONSERVE WATER. USE ONLY WHAT YOU NEED.
Water is a precious resource: The Cat Water Delivery System (WDS) helps you manage water effectively and sustainability — helping you do more with less.
- WDS utilizes automatic start and stop to help eliminate overwatering at road intersections
- WDS provides variable water flow based on truck speed, ensuring most efficient water placement
- The water cannon operates while truck is idling, reducing fuel consumption by up to 50%
As you progress towards a more sustainable business model, the Cat 777G can help.
FUEL & EMISSIONS
- There are substantial fuel saving strategies on the 777G
- Two fuel economy modes can be adjusted to meet your daily production needs
- For the U.S. and Canada, Tier 4 emission controls are available
- Operator noise is reduced by 50%
- Spectator noise levels can be lowered up to 50% with the optional "XQ" package
- Remanufactured parts are an economical and eco-friendly alternative to new
- Extend tire life by using the TKPH/TMPH feature that calculates tire loading
- A mud protection package is available to help keep power train components clean
- Castings and box section frame construction ensure long-life
- A new rear axle housing adds strength and enables axle filtration and lubrication
- Hydraulic oil filter life is extended to 1,000 hours under normal conditions
- Autostall enables quick operating temperatures for best performance and life
- Delayed Engine Shutdown prevents hot shut downs that can reduce component life
TIER 4 / STAGE V
Caterpillar’s simple solution is transparent to your operators, controls emissions, and increases fuel efficiency.
- Two engine-mounted diesel oxidation catalyst canisters control particulate matter
- Our NRS Technology replaces a portion of intake air with exhaust gas to control combustion temperatures and NOx production
- Precise, extremely fine atomization of fuel under all load conditions
LOWERING YOUR FUEL COSTS
The 777G introduces several key fuel conservation features:
- Auto Neutral Idle – as the 777G idles in a forward gear, the transmission will automatically slip in and out of a neutral state to avoid stalling the torque converter and raising engine rpm.
- Engine Idle Shutdown – when your truck is in park and idles for more than a preset time, the truck will initiate engine shutdown to conserve fuel. This feature can be time adjusted or turned on or off according to your specific needs.
- Speed Limiting – while you can continue to gear limit your trucks, Caterpillar offers speed limiting that allows the truck to travel at a more fuel efficient engine speed and gear selection.
- Transmission Controls – New APECS transmission controls increase fuel efficiency by maintaining momentum and speed on grade.
WATER DELIVERY SYSTEM:
- The water cannon operates at idle, which reduces fuel consumption during cannon operation by up to 50%.
- Standard Economy Mode –can save fuel by adjusting engine power through this newly adjustable economy mode. Adjust the power based on your site, fleet, and economic conditions. The power can be reduced from 0.5 to 15 percent.
- Adaptive Economy Mode – requires a baseline for production from you using the Advisor display. As the truck transits the haul road, it is constantly evaluating its ability to meet your baseline in a reduced power rating. Where full power is needed, full power is applied. Where reduced power works, reduced power is applied. It’s fully automatic with no special operation required.
CONNECT WITH CAT® MINESTAR EDGE™
Cat MineStar Edge uses cloud-based connectivity through cellular and WiFi connection to collect and manage data at any job site.
- Two levels of connectivity (Basic & Premium*) to meet any customer need using Cat MineStar Edge. Additional functionality will be released in the future.
- Connectivity includes data logging capabilities critical to minimizing safety-related liability.
- Water Solutions data can help ensure customers are meeting regulatory requirements.
- Asset Management options include productivity, water usage, fuel & water tank levels, when & where to apply water, geofencing, asset location and remote management of water distribution.
BASIC CONNECTIVITY - EDGE EQUIPMENT TRACKING
Customer need: "I need to know where my truck is and how much water it's distributing."
The Basic Connectivity offering automates basic data collection, eliminating paper recording by the operator.
- Real-time & historical reporting**
- Truck location and utilization data (starts & stops / routes)
- Fuel and water level
- Whether or not the truck is spraying water
- Water Delivery System utilization (auto vs. manual mode)
PREMIUM CONNECTIVITY - EDGE PRODUCTION RECORDING
Customer need: "I need to know what my operators are doing and how much water I'm using."
Premium Connectivity offers a comprehensive reporting package with data & reports that can help operators improve watering technique/efficiency.
- Water usage by truck/fill station
- Volume of water put down over time and area covered
- Rate of water being put down, water delivery system setting by location, truck, and conditions
- Activity breakdown including time & distance (watering, not watering, stopped, etc.)
- Real-time reporting to the operator on water coverage & need (route, heat map, decay map)**1
*Basic connectivity package comes standard on all Cat Water Solutions trucks with a 6-month complimentary service-based offering for better data insights. **Based on equipment connectivity via WiFi or cellular data. 1
Feature to be included in future update.
PROVEN COMPONENTS FOR RELIABLE PERFORMANCE
At Caterpillar, we know keeping your trucks running is critical to your business, so that’s why we use industry leading technology to ensure maximum machine availability and reliability.
The backbone of the 777G is its frame. Our frames are designed for off-road integrity and are built for more than one life cycle.
- We strategically apply castings with box section construction to manage off-road stresses
- A new front frame design increases the approach angle on ramps and grades
- A new robust rear axle housing supports the truck's performance increases
Cat trucks provide powerful, fade-resistant braking for your off-road applications. G Series introduces new ways to extend brake life.
- Additional springs in the design reduce wear and increase service life
- All four corners have wet disc braking standard (front brake lockout no longer an option)
- Slope holding capability benefits from all-wheel parking brake actuation
- Brake life can be extended by choosing the optional Cat Engine Brake
- A brake wear indicator keeps you informed of maintenance timing
- Extended life brake material is available for extreme applications
BACKED BY THE ONE YOU TRUST
Your Cat dealer is committed to maximizing your success, helping you get the most out of your operations with site-level solutions, service and support. Cat Water Solutions trucks are sold, serviced & supported by the local Cat dealer you know and trust.
- Full support of Cat dealer and parts network
- Cat dealer installation & retrofit kits available
- Eligible for Equipment Protection Plans (EPP) & Customer Value Agreements (CVAs)