- Standard Cat technologies to monitor, manage, and enhance your jobsite operations.
-Cat Payload with Assist provides accurate weighing*** of the bucket payloads. Data is displayed in real time to improve productivity and loading accuracy with manual tip-off.
-Product Link™ wirelessly connects the machine to the office, giving you access to production and essential health information needed to make timely, fact-based decisions to help you better run your business.
-New Autodig allows the operator to fully automate bucket loading to improve fill factors and loading time.
-Auto Set Tires promotes proper loading technique, significantly reducing tire slip and tire wear.
-Onboard Job Aids and Operator Controls Help to ease operation.
- Optional Cat Advanced Payload with Assist:
-Tip Off Assist automatizes load of the final bucket to match hauling unit target.
-Enhanced lists management, site integration, and extended scale features to help manage and improve productivity and profitability of operations.
- Optional Cat Productivity subscription provides detailed and comprehensive actionable information to help you manage and improve the productivity and profitability of your operations.
***Not legal for trade.
- Application-specific arrangements direct from the factory for optimized performance and added durability in the toughest applications, including:
– Industrial and waste models feature guarding and reinforcement necessary for work in transfer stations, recycling depots, scrap yards, and demolition sites.
– Forestry model increases lift and tilt capacities for efficient and productive log and chip handling in paper, pellet, and sawmills.
– Steel mill model is designed for the challenging work environment of steel mills and slag handling applications, incorporating an added level of safety.
– Block handler model is built with the strength and stability to get the work done in block quarries.
- The Cat® C13 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final and EU Stage V emission standards.
- The 980 XE emits up to 17% less CO2 than the previous 980M*.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) ** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- The Cat® clean emissions module includes Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF), Diesel Oxidation Catalyst (DOC), and Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR) technologies to reduce the engine’s emissions.
- Engine Idle Shutdown Timer reduces fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions and unnecessary idle time by shutting down the machine after a pre-set idling period.
- Autodig helps you work more efficiently and productively and reduce fuel burn, greenhouse gas emissions, machine wear and operator fatigue.
- Auto Set Tires reduce tire wear and lowers fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- Rear Object Detection for the 980 XE helps enhance job site safety and blind spot awareness when operating in reverse.
- Cat® Payload technology maximizes loading efficiency, helping operators of every skill level work more accurately to reduce load time, fuel costs and greenhouse gas emissions. Upgrade to Advanced Payload for expanded features and capabilities that can further increase operator efficiency and accuracy.
- Cat VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Remote Flash minimizes downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot decreases maintenance time and keeps your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
*All comparisons to 980M. Productivity, fuel and CO2 emissions vary by application. CO2 emissions calculations based on a reference work cycle using 2.2 U.S. gallons per hour of #2 U.S. diesel fuel based. Applies IPCC2006 methodology using U.S. EPA Emissions Hub emission factors. Includes DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) related CO2. Fuel measurements are at 15°C. Estimated average fuel consumption improvements are based on tests or Product Link® data where available. Productivity improvements are based on test data. When compared to the 980H (2010) and accounting for productivity improvements, the 980 XE emits up to 45% less CO2 per ton of material moved.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel.