Purpose-Built Coal Bowl
• Large capacity coal bowl scrapers are longer and higher than
standard open bowl scrapers.
• Purpose-built coal bowl dual engine scrapers deliver faster cycle
times with maximum payloads.
• High ground speed provides the ability to manage stockpiles.
• Machine is designed for loading, hauling, and compaction for
• Work effectively in poor underfoot conditions and climb slippery
piles and loose coal with all-wheel drive (AWD).
• Coal bowl scrapers provide effective coal compaction, which
reduces the risk of spontaneous combustion in coal stockpiles by
eliminating the air spaces.
• Specialty coal bowl scrapers are optimized for maximum machine
productivity and efficiency.
Be More Productive
• Improve productivity by up to 6%.
• Move more material with Advanced Productivity Electronic Control
System (APECS), which allows the machine to better utilize engine
power and torque.
• Set the desired top speed with Ground Speed Control, and the
machine will find the gear that works best for the engine and the
transmission, providing a lower fuel burn.
• The Machine Speed Limit feature replaces Top Gear Selection.
• Auto-Stall assists in quickly bringing the transmission to an
operating temperature at start-up when working in colder climates.
Work in Comfort
• Steer with less effort with the newly designed high-pressure
• Reduce up to 14 individual operator commands per cycle with
Sequence Assist (optional attachment).
• Enjoy interior improvements and a more ergonomic work
environment with a 21% larger cab than the 657 G-Series cabs.
• Intuitive, ergonomic controls with multifunction display keep
operators focused on their work.
• Maintain desired cab temperature with automatic temperature
Designed for Safety
• Get in and out of the cab easier with the new powered access
ladder system (optional attachment).
• Enhance the operator’s awareness of site surroundings with the
optional Work Area Vision System (WAVS).
• Centralized service locations allow for easier and safer
• Seat belt indicator provides visual and audible alerts when the seat
belt is not in use.
Easy to Operate
• Cat Advance Ride Management (ARM) seat suspension reduces end
stroke movement of the load cylinder for a smoother ride.
• Engine overspeed protection will automatically engage with no
operator input when the machine is in eighth gear. The machine
will assist in slowing the machine speed by canceling the throttle
command and engaging the engine compression brake.
Integrated Cat Technologies
• Access information anytime, anywhere with Vision Link®– use it to make informed decisions that boost productivity, lower costs, simplify maintenance, and improve safety and security on your
• Product Link™collects machine data that can be viewed online through web and mobile applications.
• The Cat C18 tractor and C15 scraper engines meet U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final or EU Stage V emission standards, contributing to lower fuel consumption.
• Using draft-arm overflow guards diverts material away from the bowl, preventing material from getting caught between the draft arms and the bowl sides.
• The new tractor hydraulic demand fan helps lower fuel consumption.