- The Cat® C4.4 engine meets Brazil MAR-1, equivalent to U.S. EPA Tier 3 Final and EU Stage IIIA emissions.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester)** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or "Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations" (SEBU6250) for details.
- Auto engine idle shutdown helps reduce unnecessary fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by allowing the engine to automatically go into idle mode when the machine is not working.
- A well-trained operator is worth the investment. Skilled operators benefit your bottom line by maximizing productivity, avoiding costly downtime, and maintaining jobsite safety - which can help to improve fuel efficiency and reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but can decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine. The hydraulic oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, eccentric housing oil can be replaced every 3000 hours, and engine oil changes can be 500 hours.
- Performance and safety can be augmented with standard and optional cameras that are viewed on in-cab displays.
- Cat Compact technologies help you consistently meet compaction targets faster, more uniformly, and in fewer passes - saving on fuel and reducing rework and material costs.
- Cat Scheduled Oil Sampling (S•O•S℠) Services helps reveal excessive wear, contaminated fluids or other "unseen" issues that can shorten component life. In many cases, you can extend oil and coolant change intervals by using fluid monitoring. Consult your Cat dealer or the machine's operation and maintenance manual for more information.
- Remote Flash for engines helps to minimize downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel.