Caterpillar’s social media accounts are a place where you can learn about the latest news from Caterpillar, while engaging in a respectful dialogue between Caterpillar, our current and prospective customers, and all fans interested in our company and our brands from around the world.
Our goal with Caterpillar social media accounts (including all Caterpillar-related pages about Cat® products and other corporate brand pages) is to offer an official destination where we can share interesting and entertaining Caterpillar content and dialogue.
Caterpillar social media accounts are intended to provide a place to discuss Caterpillar’s products, services and promotions. All comments, visuals, videos and other type of material posted by you or other parties on the sites ("User Content") do not necessarily reflect the opinions or ideals of Caterpillar, its employees or affiliates. Caterpillar (a) does not represent or guarantee the accuracy of any User Content or warrant any product claims made, (b) is not responsible for any User Content on the site, and (c) does not endorse any opinions expressed.
You are solely responsible for your content posted to Caterpillar’s social media accounts. Do not post anything you would not want to share publicly. To remain in good standing with our community, we ask that you respect the following guidelines when posting content on our accounts. We will moderate Caterpillar social media accounts, and any content falling outside of the guidelines below are subject to being removed. Caterpillar reserves the right to remove any content it deems inappropriate or, if necessary, block or ban you from Caterpillar social media accounts, in our sole and unrestricted discretion.
By using or accessing Caterpillar’s social media accounts, you agree to comply with each accounts’ terms and conditions of use.
Participation Guidelines for Caterpillar Fans
1. Be Respectful. Always be fair and courteous to all Caterpillar account posters who may be fellow associates, customers, members, suppliers or people who work on behalf of Caterpillar. We have a diverse group of fans comprised of people from all over the world, which may mean that opinions will differ. Please recognize you can debate and be constructive, without being disrespectful in your comments and posts.
2. Please, no spam. Please keep all comments related to the subject matter of the post, as off-topic or spam posts are subject to deletion, including posts advertising goods and services. Excessive or repetitive posting that does not meaningfully contribute to the forum may also be removed.
3. Know and Follow the Rules. Inappropriate postings that may include discriminatory remarks, harassment, and threats of violence or similar inappropriate or unlawful conduct will not be tolerated. Caterpillar will remove any content that it considers in violation of these guidelines.
Caterpillar reserves the right to remove any content that is:
4. Caterpillar may share your posts. Our pages are filled with great photos and posts from our fans. By submitting your post through Caterpillar’s pages, you grant Caterpillar the right to use, display or distribute your content, including any and all intellectual property, ideas, or concepts contained in your post, as well as your name, image, and likeness without payment or compensation to you, and without seeking any further approval from you. Without limiting any of those rights, Caterpillar may distribute, use, or refer to your posts, comments, or submissions.
5. Follow the Rules of any Applicable Social Network or Third-Party Site. All activity on any social network or third-party site is subject to the terms and conditions imposed by such social network or site. If you do not comply with their terms and conditions, content may be removed, or other action taken by the social network or site in its discretion. We are not responsible for the activities of such social networks or third parties and do not control their privacy and data security policies and practices.
Caterpillar’s Commitment to the Community
We appreciate you following these guidelines. Caterpillar is committed to being active across all of our social media properties, providing engaging content and a place for fans of Caterpillar to discuss Caterpillar’s products, services and promotions. We take an active role in engaging our community by reading and replying to comments when questions are specifically presented to us. As representatives employed by Caterpillar Inc., we are not just employees, but we are fans as well, and it gives us no larger sense of pride than to know that the information we share and discuss with you is enjoyable, discussable, and shareable between your own online communities. Be aware that we are a public company and there are certain topics which we are not able or willing to discuss and discussions may be curtailed or redirected for that reason.
We reserve the right to alter these Caterpillar Community Social Media Guidelines at any time, for any reason, with or without prior notification to you. If you have any questions regarding these guidelines or wish to report inappropriate content posted on this page, please contact us immediately at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Copyrights and Trademarks
© Caterpillar 2021. All rights reserved.
CAT, CATERPILLAR, their respective logos, "Cat Yellow," the "Power Edge" trade dress as well as corporate and product identity used herein, are trademarks of Caterpillar and may not be used without permission.