- The Cat® C4.4 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, and Korea Tier 5 emission standards.
- The M318 emits up to 10% less CO2 than the M318F.*
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) ** or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrogenated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Match the excavator to the job using power modes including ECO mode that reduces engine speed and hydraulic power for applications not requiring full hydraulic power - helping you to save fuel and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cat Grade technologies combine advanced guidance with optional automated machine control helping you reach grading targets while helping to reduce fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions by improving efficiency, job site productivity, and accuracy.
- Cat® Payload for excavators provides on-the-go material weighing which helps reduce fuel burn by improving loading efficiency, job site productivity, and eliminating trips to the scale.
- Cat 2D E-fence keeps the front linkage within a predefined work area to avoid hazards such as traffic - not only helping keep personnel safe but also helps you avoid repairs, downtime, and costly job site fines.
- Don't waste fuel idling. Cat VisionLink® online fleet monitoring helps you manage idle time and reduce fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions. VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but can decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine. The hydraulic oil filter can now be replaced every 3000 hours - 50% longer than previous designs.
- Remote Flash helps to minimize downtime and maintenance time while keeping your asset running with maximum efficiency. Alerts for machine updates are sent virtually from your Cat dealer and updates can be deployed without a dealer technician needing to be onsite.
- Remote Troubleshoot helps to decrease maintenance time and keep your machine running with maximum efficiency by allowing your Cat dealer to virtually test the machine while working. Once a problem is identified, a technician can fix it the first time, saving time and money.
*All comparisons to M318F. Productivity, fuel and CO2 emissions vary by application. CO2 emissions calculations based on a reference work cycle using 2.2 U.S. gallons per hour of #2 U.S. diesel fuel based. Applies IPCC2006 methodology using U.S. EPA Emissions Hub emission factors. Includes DEF (diesel exhaust fluid) related CO2. Fuel measurements are at 15°C. Estimated average fuel consumption improvements are based on tests or Product Link® data where available. Productivity improvements are based on test data.
**Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel.