- The Cat® C13 engine meets U.S. EPA Tier 4 Final, EU Stage V, Korea Stage V, and Japan 2014 emission standards.
- Cat diesel engines are required to use ULSD (ultra-low sulfur diesel fuel with 15 ppm of sulfur or less) or ULSD blended with the following lower-carbon intensity fuels up to: 20% biodiesel FAME (fatty acid methyl ester) * or 100% renewable diesel, HVO (hydrotreated vegetable oil) and GTL (gas-to-liquid) fuels. Refer to guidelines for successful application. Please consult your Cat dealer or “Caterpillar Machine Fluids Recommendations” (SEBU6250) for details.
- Extended maintenance intervals not only reduce downtime but decrease the amount of fluid and filters that are replaced over the life of the machine.
- VisionLink® displays the CO2 emissions for monitored assets, calculated by fuel type for the Runtime Fuel Burned each day in a selected date range.
- Don't waste fuel idling. Cat VisionLink® online fleet monitoring helps you manage idle time and reduce fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions.
- Cat® Stability Assist for Articulated Trucks helps improve machine safety and uptime by increasing awareness of machine stability during operation.
- Cat® Production Measurement provides real-time payload weighing which help you maximize productivity, reduce fuel burn and greenhouse gas emissions, all while improving job site efficiency and lowering costs.
*Engines with no aftertreatment devices can use higher blends, up to 100% biodiesel (for use of blends higher than 20% biodiesel, consult your Cat dealer)