Caterpillar Safety Services assessments, workshops and leadership development can be implemented individually, or if you're ready to embark on a transformational cultural journey, the ZIP process brings it all together. By applying 6 Sigma, change management and continuous improvement methodologies, the ZIP process engages all levels of an organization to achieve sustainable safety performance at levels never thought possible.
Our ZIP process includes seven important elements to achieve sustainable safety excellence:
1. Supported by top leadership: Gain commitment and resources from executives to embark on the journey.
2. Continuously uncovers cultural realities: Utilize assessments to determine current state of the safety culture and / or safety leadership skills.
3. Builds a strategy for improvement: A cross-functional safety steering team reviews quantifiable data and develops a strategic plan.
4. Engages employees in error-proofing safety activities: Create small groups of front-line employees to develop new or improve existing safety processes.
5. Demands strong accountability at all levels: Build accountabilities for every level of the organization into the new or improved safety activities.
6. Develops leaders: Leadership skills are developed and refined throughout the process so leaders can effectively.
7. Positively perceived by employees: Engaging employees and giving them ownership of safety is empowering and well received.
|Who's it for?||ZIP takes executive commitment and engagement at all levels of an organization.|
|Why do it?||To improve safety or break through a plateau and achieve sustainable safety excellence.|
|Format||Assessments, workshops, coaching, training and employee-driven Continuous Improvement teams. The full ZIP process typically spans one year.|
"OUR JOURNEY BEGAN WITH A MANDATE THAT ALL INJURIES ARE PREVENTABLE, AND THAT THE BEST PEOPLE TO BUILD SYSTEMS TO PREVENT INCIDENTS ARE THOSE WHO DO THE WORK EVERY DAY.
WE ADOPTED THAT MINDSET AND DEPLOYED THE ZIP PROCESS. WITHIN THREE YEARS WE ACHIEVED MORE THAN 30% REDUCTION IN OUR TRIR AND 29% REDUCTION IN EMR."