• Comfort. Electro-hydraulic joystick controls replace levers to reduce arm movement by 78%, and an updated seat with softer cushions and a three-position tilt also helps to reduce operator fatigue. The redesigned in-dash instrument cluster also keeps vital machine information front and center.
• Precision. As joysticks enable precise machine positioning, electronic throttle control offers the best match of horsepower and torque for a specific application. And with the push of a button, the operator can instantly return the machine to a straight frame position from any angle.
• Power. A Cat C9.3 ACERT™ engine applies proven technologies to meet your high expectations for productivity, fuel efficiency, reliability and service life. Power Shift Countershaft Transmission maximizes power to the ground.
• Technology. Advanced automation includes Cat Grade technologies that combine digital design data, in-cab guidance and automatic blade controls to enhance grading accuracy. Cat AccuGrade™ upgrade kits also make it easy to incorporate additional 2D and/or 3D grading control.
• Sustainability. Integrated machine systems and technologies improve productivity, allowing the machine to do more work per gallon of fuel. Reduced fuel consumption also means reduced CO2 emissions, which is why M Series 3 Motor Graders meet EPA Tier 4 Final/EU Stage IV emission standards.
• Safety. From a system that locks the parking brake and hydraulics until the operator is seated, to enhanced visibility features, to speed-sensitive steering and much more, the 160M3 is designed with your team’s protection in mind.
• Versatility. Optional All Wheel Drive (AWD) offers extra power to the ground for working efficiently in mud, gravel, sand or snow. An assortment of work tools and attachments are also available to equip the machine for a wider variety of applications.
These words get used interchangeably, creating confusion. To improve consistency, we've defined these terms.Learn More
Looking for insight on how new land grading technology can benefit your business and increase work productivity on the job site?Learn More
Defining technology terms to get you connected.Learn More
Technology is an investment, so it makes sense to take your time and not just jump in.Learn More